Virginia CHCs are distinctive for the value they bring to the communities they serve. Community partnerships require their own kind of strategy, leadership, and associated best practices. Virginia CHCs are extraordinary innovators that have the opportunity to both learn and share best practices in health center management.
This page will provide best practice resources on community strategies. As a starting point, we are offering resources from Healthy People 2020 and the Community Toolbox as best practice support for community initiatives. The Community Tool Box is a public service developed and managed by the KU Work Group for Community Health and Development and partners nationally and internationally. The Tool Box is a part of the KU Work Group’s role as a designated World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Community Health and Development.
- Healthy People 2020
- Creating and Maintaining Partnerships
- Assessing Community Needs and Resources
- Analyzing Problems and Goals
- Developing a Framework or Model of Change
- Developing Strategic and Action Plans
- Building Leadership
- Developing an Intervention
- Increasing Participation and Membership
- Enhancing Cultural Competence
- Advocating for Change
- Influencing Policy Development
- Evaluating the Initiative
- Implementing a Social Marketing Effort
- Writing a Grant Application for Funding
- Improving Organizational Management and Development
- Sustaining the Work or Initiative
Please complete the The Virginia CHC Leadership Institute Survey to let us know your interests and priorities. You can also Use the Support form to request best practice research, training and technical assistance.