Chronic care management is a critical strategy for sustaining health and conserving resources. The Chronic Care Model as developed by the MacColl Institute provides a set of proven strategies and operational practices that can be used to strengthen chronic care management in the clinical and community setting. The Chronic Care Model can be applied across care settings to enhance quality and improve outcomes. We help organizations learn and implement principles of the Chronic Care Model and other effective models for specific populations. The objective is to help organizations:
- Define populations with chronic conditions for focused interventions;
- Optimize chronic care across the continuum;
- Collaborate to maximize reach and impact;
- Manage quality across the system of care;
- Evaluate impact on health outcomes; and
- Demonstrate value to payers, funders, and community stakeholders.