September 6 will be here before we know it. Here are some questions that might help your team prepare for the Meeting the Value Challenge workshop.
- Who are the key stakeholders for CHCs in our state? Your answers might include patients, staff, board members, community members, community service partners, health plans, public agencies, elected officials, employers, grant makers, and others.
- Do our key stakeholders fully appreciate the value of CHCs? If your answer is ‘we’re not sure,’ you are not alone! Now might be a good time to start a dialog about the value of CHCs – from your perspective and the perspective of key stakeholders.
- How well do our CHCs define and demonstrate their value to key stakeholders? If you feel your CHCs could do better job of defining and demonstrating value at the state and local level, you are not alone. The purpose of the workshop is to help you accelerate this important work.
- Are we fully leveraging available data and information to tell our CHC value stories? We all live with data gaps, but sometimes we overlook opportunities to leverage what we already have, such as UDS data and qualitative data we could quickly collect and frame as part of our value stories.
- How might we engage our CHCs in defining and demonstrating their value? Is there a group of CHCs that might be ready to help develop and pilot test a CHC Value Model for your state? You might consider identifying these candidates now so you can hit the ground running after the workshop.
Please know that we do not expect everyone to be able to fully answer these questions before the workshop. Based on experience, it is helpful to begin thinking about these strategic issues beforehand so you can get the most out of your workshop experience.